Autumn Birthday

As  I  was  walking home  this morning  I  thought how  wonderful  the  colours of  the  leaves on  the ground were .  I  saw  this particular  one  and  picked it  up  .It  was  still  early  and  the frost  was  around  the edges  .  When  I  got  home  I  dried it  and  coated  it  with  PVA  glue .  A few  years  ago  whilst on  an  Art  course  I  made  a  whole  project on  leaves  including  mobiles  coated in  this  way  which  preserves  them  .I  added  glitter  to  recreate  the frosted effect   .Whilst  that  was drying  I  designed  a  leaf  background on  Serif  using  several  programs  sprayed it  with  Spray  and  sparkle  and  put  glossy  accents  on  the  conker  and  acorn  .  I  cut  2  ovals  using  my Cricut  and  used  copper  gildIing  wax around  the  edges  .I put  PVA  on  the  back of  all  the  leaf  and  that  will  seal  it in .   I added  a  peel off  sentiment  and know  that if  I  do  not  give it  to  someone  for  their  birthdaythis  year    it  will  last until  next  year  ,

I  would  like  to  enter  this  card into  the  following   challenges 

http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/7-leaves-and-or-trees.html

http://suzypantssmarty.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/24-october-challenge-103-anything-goes.html

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is great, the leaf looks fab, perfect for oour challenge, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is stunning. I LOVE the technique an actual leaf on your card - awesome. Thanks for playing with us at MAWTT. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete