Gold Christmas







Having  tried  an  all  white  card this  week  ,I  turned  to  a gold one  .I  tried  to  'colour' it  with  texture  rather than  colours  .
I  began  by  dry  embossing  some  foil  to  cover  the main  card  .The background  border  was  a  Cricut one   from  Paper Lace  cartridge  which  I  coloured  gold  with  gilding  wax  . Another  matte  gold  card  was embossed   for  the main  mat . I  had  some  gold  ribbon in  my  stash  with  tiny gold  stars on it  so  this  added  another ' colour  '. The  stamp is  a  wreath  from  Penny  Black  which  I  stamped  and  embossed in  gold  .I  then  added  black  liquid  pearls  and  stickles  and  a  bow  .The  stamp is  mounted  in  a  die  cut  from  Sue  Wilson's  Italian  Collection which I  edged  with  gold  gilding  wax  .
A  peel off  sentiment  and  lines  completed  the  card. 



I  would like  to  enter  this  card into

Winter  Wonderland  Challenge  Gold  Christmas http://christmasblogchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

3 comments:

  1. This is such an elegant card, Jenny. There are so many elements combining to give added interest and depth - I love it.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous, classic, card! Almost Deco or 50's fashion glam, but so simple, too. The layering of the different textured/patterned paper then beautiful, simple wreath stamp....it's just so rich looking. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a simple, yet stunningly luxe card! I love the gold on gold texturized pieces, and the simple wreath stamp. It's just love it!

    ReplyDelete